Poste proposé : Operations ManagerJob Purpose and Organizational Context
Under the guidance of Deputy Resident Representative, the Operations Manager acts as an advisor to Senior Management on all aspects of Country Office (CO) management and operations. This includes strategic financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, ICT and common services consistent with UNDP rules and regulations. The main role is to lead the operations, ensuring smooth functioning of the CO/programmes/ projects operations, consistent services delivery and constant evaluation and readjustment of the operations to take into account changes in the operating environment as and when needed.
The Operations Manager leads and guides the CO Operations Team and fosters collaboration within the team, with programme staff and with other UN Agencies and a client- oriented approach. The Operations Manager works in close collaboration with programme and project teams, operations staff, UNDP HQs staff and Government officials to successfully deliver operations services.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key functions:
- Strategic direction of operations
- Financial resources management
- Human Resources Management
- Efficient procurement and logistical services
- Information and communication management
- Under delegated authority from the DRR, ensures the strategic direction of operations focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of operations with UN/UNDP rules, regulations and policies, implementation of corporate operational strategies, establishment of management targets and monitoring of achievement of results.
- CO business processes mapping and establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Finance, Human Resources Management, Procurement, Logistical and ICT services.
- Constant monitoring and analysis of the operating environment, timely readjustment of the operations, advice on legal considerations and risk assessment.
Knowledge building and sharing with regards to management and operations in the CO, organization of the operations staff trainings, synthesis of lessons learnt/best practices, and sound contributions to UNDP knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ensures effective and accurate financial resources management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development of specific donor fund-raising strategies and approaches.
- Engaging in partnership with non-traditional stakeholders such as private sector and academia.
- Implementation of CO strategy for partnering with UN Agencies around UNDAF.
- Proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources, including extra-budgetary income in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Proper management of the contributions management business process and accounting for contributions to ensure that the money due to UNDP is properly identified, consistently and uniformly classified, recorded on a timely basis and received with enough supporting documentation.
- Performance of Managerial role in Atlas for voucher and Treasury transactions approvals, bank reconciliation. Approval of pending disbursements as the “third authority” (cheques, bank transfers, EFT). Approval of bank reconciliations.
- Organization of cost-recovery mechanisms for CO services provided to projects and UN Agencies, including ensuring preparation of proforma invoices for UN agencies.
- Organization and oversight of CO cash management processes, including liquidity management, risk assessment, bank relationship management; timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions, security for cash assets on site.
- Monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions and investigation of anomalies or unusual transactions. Provision of information to supervisors and other UNDP staff at HQ of the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
- Member of bank signatory panel.
- Transaction and stop payment approval on internet banking system.
All financial transactions are identified, recorded and verified in compliance with IPSAS as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensures strategic human resources management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- CO compliance with corporate human resources policies and strategies.
- Optimal staffing of the office and projects.
- Oversight of recruitment processes in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations, appropriate use of different contractual modalities, contracts management, OM performing the function of HR Manager in Atlas.
Establishment and maintenance of the proper performance management and staff development systems. Implementation of the Universal Access strategy on learning ensuring access of the staff to role appropriate learning activities.
- Ensures provision of efficient procurement and logistical services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- CO compliance with corporate rules and regulations in the field and elaboration of the CO procurement strategies including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement promotion and introduction, performance measurement.
- Elaboration of the CO contract strategy including tendering processes and evaluation, managing the contract and contractor, legal implications. Oversight of procurement processes and logistical services in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
Proper management of UNDP assets, facilities and logistical services, including full compliance with IPSAS in the accounting for the procurement, utilization and disposal of the CO’s assets.
- Ensures forward-looking information and communication management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Use of Atlas functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
- Identification of opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web-based systems to address the issues of efficiency and full accountability.
- Maintenance of a secure, reliable infrastructure environment for ICT and adequate planning for disasters and recoveries.
Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge sharing, information provision and learning including e-registry, web-based office management system, etc.
Profil recherché pour le poste : Operations ManagerRecruitment Qualifications
Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Experience of accrual accounting, IPSAS or IFRS is highly desirable.
Fluency in French and working knowledge of English are required for the assignment.
Les candidatures féminines sont vivement encouragées.
Le PNUD a une tolérance zéro pour la corruption.
Les services de recrutement et des achats du PNUD sont gratuits et aucun paiement n’est exigé pour nos services.
En cas de violation de ces principes, veuillez nous contacter par le biais de l’adresse email suivante : firstname.lastname@example.org
Pour postuler veuillez cliquer sur le lien ci-après: